If you are ordering Standard LCDs, we require the following information:
If the above matches our Standard LCDs, samples can be purchased easily for your evaluation.
If you are ordering Custom LCDs,we require the following information:
Please send us all design drawing in PDF format.
Providing you have provided us with all of the information we require (using the details in Standard or Custom LCDs), we will be able to send you a full quotation. Once you have received and approved this quotation, we then ask for a detailed design drawing or sketch – in PDF format.
Once we have received your design drawings, we will begin to produce a counter-drawing for you to approve. After we’ve received your confirmation of this drawing, we can then begin to produce your samples.
Once you have received and approved our samples, we will be ready to produce and deliver your volume order.
If at any time during this process you encounter questions, changes or difficulty, do not hesitate in getting in contact with us and our qualified engineers will be happy to help you overcome any challenges or queries you may encounter.
Sample lead times are as follows:
Production Timescales are as follows:
CR: Contrast Radio
DSTN: Double Super-Twisted Nematic
FSTN: Film Super-Twisted Nematic
HTN: High Quality Twisted Nematic
ISTN: Improved Super-Twisted Nematic
LCD: Liquid Crystal Display
LED: Light Emitting Diode
SRC: Super Reflective Colour (Birefringent Colour)
STN: Super-Twisted Nematic
TAB: Tape Automated Bonding
TDF: Transflective Display Film
TFT: Thin Film Transistor
TN: Twisted Nematic
WTN: Wide Viewing Twisted Nematic
WVF: Wide Viewing Film
Product Range (LCM):
Liquid Crystal Modes: TN/HTN/STN/FSTN
Driving Ratio: Static > 1/240 Duty
Connection Method: Zebra/COB/TAB/COG
Sample Lead Time:
Standard Sample: 3-4 Weeks
Custom-Made Sample: 8-10 Weeks
Custom-Made LCD Sample: 5-6 Weeks
Production Lead Times:
Standard Module: 7-8 Weeks
Custom-Made Modules: 8-10 Weeks
Custom-Made LCD: 7-8 Weeks
Quality Assurance Standards:
AQL Inspection Standard
Sampling Method: MIL-STD-105E, Level 2 single sampling.
ISO9001 & ISO14001
1. LCD panel is made of glass. Avoid excessive mechanical shock or applying strong pressure onto the surface of display area.
2. The polarizer used on the display surface is easily scratched and damaged. Extreme care should be taken when handling. To clean dust or dirt off the display surface, wipe gently with cotton, or other soft material soaked with isoproply alcohol, ethyl alcohol or trichlorotriflorothane, do not use water, ketone or aromatics and never scrub hard.
3. Do not tamper in any way with the tabs on the metal frame.
4. Do not made any modification on the PCB without consulting TRI-T.
5. When mounting a LCM, make sure that the PCB is not under any stress such as bending or twisting. Elastomer contacts are very delicate and missing pixels could result from slight dislocation of any of the elements.
6. Avoid pressing on the metal bezel, otherwise the elastomer connector could be deformed and lose contact, resulting in missing pixels and also cause rainbow on the display.
7. Be careful not to touch or swallow liquid crystal that might leak from a damaged cell. Any liquid crystal adheres to skin or clothes, wash it off immediately with soap and water.
Static Electricity Precautions:
1. CMOS-LSI is used for the module circuit; therefore operators should be grounded whenever he/she comes into contact with the module.
2. Do not touch any of the conductive parts such as the LSI pads; the copper leads on the PCB and the interface terminals with any parts of the human body.
3. Do not touch the connection terminals of the display with bare hand; it will cause disconnection or defective insulation of terminals.
4. The modules should be kept in anti-static bags or other containers resistant to static for storage.
5. Only properly grounded soldering irons should be used.
6. If an electric screwdriver is used, it should be grounded and shielded to prevent sparks.
7. The normal static prevention measures should be observed for work clothes and working benches.
8. Since dry air is inductive to static, a relative humidity of 50-60% is recommended.
1. Soldering should be performed only on the I/O terminals.
2. Use soldering irons with proper grounding and no leakage.
3. Soldering temperature: 340°C+5°C
4. Soldering time: 3 to 4 second.
5. Use eutectic solder with resin flux filling.
6. If flux is used, the LCD surface should be protected to avoid spattering flux.
7. Flux residue should be removed.
1. The viewing angle can be adjusted by varying the LCD driving voltage Vo.
2. Since applied DC voltage causes electro-chemical reactions, which deteriorate the display, the applied pulse waveform should be a symmetric waveform such that no DC component remains. Be sure to use the specified operating voltage.
3. Driving voltage should be kept within specified range; excess voltage will shorten display life.
4. Response time increases with decrease in temperature.
5. Display color may be affected at temperatures above its operational range.
6. Keep the temperature within the specified range usage and storage. Excessive temperature and humidity could cause polarization degradation, polarizer peel-off or generate bubbles.
7. For long-term storage over 40°C is required, the relative humidity should be kept below 60%.
TRI-T modules are not consumer products, but may be incorporated by TRI-T’s customers into consumer products or components thereof, TRI-T does not warrant that its modules and components are fit for any such particular purpose.
1. The liability of TRI-T is limited to repair or replacement on the terms set forth below. TRI-T will not be responsible for any subsequent or consequential events or injury or damage to any personnel or user including third party personnel and/or user. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between TRI-T and the customer, TRI-T will only replace or repair any of its LCD which is found defective electrically or visually when inspected in accordance with TRI-T QUALITY INSPECTION STANDARD.
2. No warranty can be granted if any of the precautions state in handling liquid crystal display above has been disregarded. Broken glass, scratches on polarizer mechanical damages as well as defects that are caused accelerated environment tests are excluded from warranty.
3. In returning the LCM, they must be properly packaged; there should be detailed description of the failures or defect.